Air Conditioner Tune-Up
It’s that time of the year again when temperatures start getting warmer. Is your air conditioner ready for the warm summer months? At Friendly Plumber Heating & Air, we will tune up your air conditioning unit and provide a thorough inspection. Here are the following AC system services we offer:
List of services:
- Inspect all safety devices for proper operation
- Check all electrical connections / tighten where necessary
- Inspect / clean AC filters as needed
- Check AC fan belts / fan blade
- Monitor operating pressure of AC refrigerant
- Monitor volts / amps on fan motor
- Lubricate / inspect bearings for wear
- Inspect / calibrate your thermostat
- Clean indoor coil if accessible
- Inspect AC condenser coil
- Clean AC condenser coil / remove any debris
- Inspect service valves for proper operation
There are a variety of reasons you should have your air conditioner serviced. Just like getting oil changes on a car, it is vital to keep up on servicing your equipment regularly if you expect it to work right when you need it most.
Maintain Proper Airflow
During the cooling service, our technicians will check your air conditioner to ensure that it is receiving the proper airflow. Anytime there is restricted or limited airflow, there is an unnecessary strain on your air conditioner that can lead to a shortened lifespan and increased repairs.
Health & Safety
Since your air conditioner uses specialty coolant, the cooling process must be precise to maintain efficiency and safety. Sometimes a small problem can even lead to refrigerant leaking into your home. Dirty air filters and debris-filled ducts can also be a health hazard allowing harmful microscopic particles to collect in your home and even in your lungs. Don’t take a chance with the health and safety of you and your family.
Maintain Manufacturer’s Warranty
If you can find the paperwork you received with your air conditioner, check the fine print and see what it says about AC maintenance. Most warranties are void if the air conditioner is not regularly maintained by certified professionals.
Ready to get your tune up, check out our service plans here.Â Call Friendly Plumber Heating & Air today at (801) 410-0644!